January 9, 2007

Women's Plus Sized Work Out Clothing

I was having a rather hard time finding comfy clothing to work out in. My unique problem is that I have a tummy (imagine that) that I really don't want to show off right now (weird huh?), and yet I am 5'9. It would appear that manufacturers assume that us fat & tall girls love to show TUMMY, because most of the shirts out there are way too short! BUT, I recently came across Lands End's Sport collection in my search and actually I found some REALLY comfy t-shirts and pants and even a fleece pullover that are easily my new favorite workout wear! They are still a BIT short and DO NOT put them in the dryer when you wash them cause you may we well put them on your cat. (or small yapper-type dog) Here's what I found:


It's called the "Short Sleeve Performance Knit Tee", and it comes in of course BLACK, Poppy Red, Sea Aqua and White. They carry 1x-3x and I usually wear a size 22/24 in the Avenue and Lane Bryant so that should give you an idea. If I were brave I'd take photos of myself in it...maybe later tho. They are $24.50. I ordered one and they are really comfy and the stitching is rather flattering on us hour-glass- babes!


I also ordered the "Active Knit Pants" for $44.50. They are really soft, and not too clingy. I feel comfortable in them even tho they are close to my body. I would also recommend these not be washed, especially if you are tall like me, because they will shrink!
The last find was a nice thin light fleece pullover. I usually throw it on when i'm on the way to the gym over my workout stuff it's easier than a jacket and more comfy! It's the "ThermaCheck Half Zip Pullover" and they're $24.50. It's really soft and comfortable and easy to yank on & off when you are getting in & out of the gym! Visit www.landsend.com and go to Land's End Sport.


I hope that was helpful to some of you women out there having the same problems I am finding comfy things for the gym! I'm sure I'll be back later...but that's it for now! Happy working out!

-K

P.S. Please forgive my spelling and typos...I don't proof read...LOL 8)

1 comment:

Sara said...

WOW, those look really comfy!! I must admit I never put any of my work out clothes in the dryer for they loose their size & shape since many of them have a little spandex in them.