January 11, 2007

Training Day #2

Day 2 has come and gone. We did a "spinning class". It was basically just me and the trainer who I think I've mentioned is a Spin Instructor. For those of you who don't know spinning is all of those psycho people on the stationary bikes in the highly air conditioned rooms off to the side of the gym who are pedaling their asses off! I did a forty minute session of it followed by some yoga stretching. It was actually....FUN...*gulp* who knew? Who knew that I would ever utter the word FUN about spinning. Yes, I can see myself in a class...in the somewhat distant future...lol. The only downside really are the seats on the bike...which even with a gel seat make you feel like your (insesrt word here) is falling off. 8)

I had a little knee pain after last night, we have kind of established that I may be doing some stretches with my knee that is not good for it and maybe twisting it in some way. I'll ice it tonight and see what happens after Friday. There is no way I am stopping now. I have already gone to the Dr about it and I need to now make an appt for an MRI. The Dr. said that until we see the MRI, since it doesn't hurt a LOT i can work out just be careful. I have been fine till this point so after the MRI we will see what is going on.

Anyway, just wanted to share. ALSO...last night in honor of my birthday my trainer gave me a Stallone in Stone Pudding....RA...it REALLY IS GOOD! I dunno if it's just my chocolate deprived body speaking....but...I thought it was a nice treat anyway! And it has LOTS of protein and not a lot of carbs. Anywhooooooooo...I'm sure I'll return soon...

8) K

1 comment:

Sara said...

Glad that stone thing was good, I was worried for awhile there! PLUS that's totally awesome that your trainer gave you one - your trainer sounds fantastic!! I know how important that can be - I started out with a trainer who nearly convinced me to quit the gym & then I found lovely Janis, who was fantabulous, but as my life would have it I went & moved 3,000 miles away. I went to visit her a few weeks ago in NY & she was so excited to see me & even zeroxed all my old training sessions so I could attempt it on my own in Londontown - gonna give it a go with you as my co-motivator! Love ya hun xx