January 17, 2007

My Food On a Regular Day

Well...regular for now anyway...you wouldn't wanna see what I used to eat!

Here's my usual Wednesday Meal:

Breakfast:

1 Omega 3 Egg
1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 cup grits (the kind no self respecting southerner would ever use - not instant but 5 mins)
10 red grapes

Snack# 1 - Yogurt-Dannon Light & Lively-Strawberry...mmmm

Lunch:

6 oz Grilled Chicken

1 cup Asparagus
lots of water

Snack#2 - Protein Shake - ON Chocolate Mint

Dinner:

6 Oz Grilled Chicken
2 cups Spring Mix Salad
handful shredded mozz soy cheese (not as bad as it sounds...lol)
some grated cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
garlic powder
salt
pepper

Before Bed Snack: (20-30 mins before bed)

1 cup cottage cheese
or
small omelette with egg whites
or
protein shake


So far so good, allthough when it finally did decide to get colder here in NY...the first thing I found myself wanting was my pasta.........mmmm....I haven't had that in a long time...

Last night on the way home from the gym..I caught a glimpse of a man in a pizza place eating a slice and i had to look away...it's only my second week eating "clean" and I feel like an addict!!! LOL...

Anyway...just wanted to share the food...I'm definitely not hungry during the day...so it's working I guess! 8)

Ta Ta For Now! 8)

2 comments:

Sara said...

well maybe I should try eating that food - I feel hungry all day long, but maybe that's bordum kicking in as well!

Meals don't sound bad at all, but I might get sick of eating chicken for lunch & dinner, does she have any alternates in case that happens??

Kristen said...

Haya....yah...she says I can substitute lean sirloin 4oz. or salmon...8) I was gonna ask her the same thing tho...after 2 weeks I need a few more options! lol..