January 8, 2007

So...the trainer e-mailed me my new suggested food program, as follows:

KRISTEN’S FOOD PROGRAM:

Start eating your consistent mini meals..............no longer than 3 hours between meals

Limit your diet sodas to 2-3 per week.

You might want to carry around a thermos filled with crystal light or green tea or bottled water. Remember to drink in between your meals to keep your body hydrated & to satisfy any feelings of hunger you may experience.

I want you to have 1 cup of coffee on an empty stomach before you do your fat burning cardio, as well as having another with breakfast. Drink water while you are on the treadmill.

MEAL 1: Breakfast

1 serving oatmeal…(you can sprinkle cinnamon in it) OR

1 serving farina or grits…(you can add a palmful of veggie soy shredded cheeses…any flavor)

½ cup egg whites w/ 1 whole Omega 3 egg

8-10 seedless red grapes

1 cup coffee …no milk, use equal or splenda

MEAL 2: Snack 1

Option1- 1 Dannon Light n Fit yogurt (any flavor)

Option2- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese w/ fresh blueberries (about 1/3 cup) or strawberries (3-4 med sized sliced)

Option 3- 1 Pure Protein Drink

Iced Green tea or coffee

MEAL 3: Lunch

Option 1- 1-6 oz can of Albacore tuna (in water) over med mixed green salad w/ olive & vinegar

OR take tuna & salad and put in a wrap w/ whole-wheat pita bread w/ 1 tbsp Maillie’s Dijon mustard

OR 4-6 oz. grilled chicken w/ 1 cup steamed veggies

Iced Green Tea w/ spenda or equal

MEAL 4: before you come to the gym

Option 1- 1 pure Protein Drink

Option2- 1 Stallone In Stone pudding

MEAL 5: no longer than 30 min after training

Option1- 4 oz. buffalo meat w/ 1 slice veggie soy cheese w/ 1 cup veggies OR med mixed green salad w/olive oil & vinegar

Option 2- 4 oz turkey burger w/ 1 slice Veggie soy cheese (any flavor) w/ med mixed green salad w/olive oil & vinegar

Option 3- 4-5 oz grilled salmon w/ 1 cup steamed veggies

MEAL 6: 20-30 min before bed

Option 1- Protein Drink – 2 scoops whey protein powder w/ 10-12 oz water. Blend and drink.

Option 2- 1 Stallone In Stone pudding

Option 3- Veggie Omelet- ½ cup egg whites, portabella mushrooms, sliced, 2 oz green pepper. Sliced, with 1 tbsp veggie soy shredded cheese (any flavor)

After falling off my chair and convulsing for several minutes I was right on board! 8)

Now don't get me wrong, I knew it was coming...but there's just something about me eating soy cheese that makes me laugh! I mean you'd have to know me to get it...but I come from an Italian-Spanish-Irish family...and we didn't use part-skim let alone SOY! I was the kinda girl who could hang with the big boys...a steak baked potato and veggies...if i had room left! So soy cheese is a new thing for me.

I am however dedicated to being happier and healthier and I will do whatever the nice lady with the whip says! If she wants me to eat soy cheese...so be it...if she wants me to wake up early to treadmill...I WILL! Nothing worth doing is ever easy. And I have the best support system in the world...my husband...who woke up early this morning and cooked my eggs for me so I wouldn't have to! 8) LOVE YOU P!

So, tonight is the first night of the new torture, I mean trainer. And I am actually looking forward to the beating. (sick little puppy that I am) I am very competitive and like to prove others wrong. I will be loving the fact that all the "fatheads" will be there watching me succeed.

I will post more after tonight's workout! I can't wait to see what we'll be doing!

8) K

6 comments:

Sara said...

all I can say to this is, what the heck is "Stallone In Stone pudding" and is it any good???

Kristen said...

LOL....I don't know...I looked it up and ummmm...it comes in a can...which kind of made me think of cat food...so I dunno about that one yet!! LOL...8)

Sara said...

WOW, cat food as a snack, sounds not so fun, lol! Let me know if you try it, I'm intriged now!

Bulldog said...

Hey Sidonia, looks good. About the Soy cheese, if you try it and hate it don't think you HAVE to eat it because the trainer says so. Regular Low-Fat or Fat-Free cheese (though not much better) is fine as well. Also about the coffee before the treadmill, if it is because of the Myth that it helps with fat loss then don't bother, if you need a coffee to wake up in the morning though lots of people still have coffee. I would try to get a little more to eat before your workout though. Good luck on your transformation!

Kristen said...

Thanks Bulldog...I think the coffee is because she knows I am an addict...and NOT a morning person. As for the cheese...THANKS...it's not so bad...I was eating 2% slices before...so I could always switch to the no fat regular! She is most interested in more natural foods I think...who knows! 8)

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.