January 12, 2007

The Bum Knee...8(

Well, my knee was holding up for most of the week, and yesterday it finally started to bother me a little. I kept it elevated and forgot to ice it...but I am doing that at work today...I know...I'm bad...8(

The trainer has assured me that I will still get a good workout tonight instead of the Plyometric/Circuit training session she had planned for me we are going to go with a Pilates class with weights & core training session.

Sounds good to me! Other trainers I have worked with have either rescheduled or not really listened to the fact that my knee was not up to par. I am excited to finally have someone who really cares and is invested in what she's doing as opposed to someone who's purely in it for the money and who gets annoyed when you get injured. I don't like to cancel sessions, miss them, or whine while i'm there. I feel like...it was my choice to be here so I should SHUT UP, do what they say and TAKE MY BEATING LIKE A WOMAN. I mean geez....if i wanted to whine I could just stay home on the couch and complain!

I have seen people who have PAID trainers to train them...whining and complaining when they are being trained. I'm always like DUDE...if you didn't wanna do this...you should just stop. You're obvisouly not dedicated if you're going to torture your trainer with bitching and complaining while you're there! It's really not fair...just because you pay them doesn't mean you can be a little bitch about it. lol...

I had to say it...I have seen it happen. Anyway...I will try to be back later...I may post tonight after my pilates session...I've never done it before so it should be interesting! 8)

4 comments:

Sara said...

My trainer Janis use to always laugh b/c she knew when I was at the right level & when I needed to be bumped up based on the size of my smile. She loved that I never said no when trying something new, I'd just smile & say, I'll try it.

BUT one day I was really dragging & she didn't realize how out of it I was until we were doing bicep curls & I just looked her straight in the eyes & said, I can't do this. She knew that was a sign we needed to STOP!

Always great when you have someone who listens & gets to know YOU as a person not just a money maker for them.

Good Luck tonight & can't wait to hear how it goes!

Newman said...

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts. You have a great attitude about things. I like to mountain bike a bit and I understand how things go..even with the gel seat. I apologize for not getting to comment on your Birthday. I have been reading from the hospital and I can't post from there, all I can do is read. It has been a hectic week between work/school creating 17ish hour days for me. I will get used to it by the end of the semester I think. I am going to have to check to see if Land's End offers nice clothing for men in the larger sizes. You have me interested.

Until next time....

Kristen said...

Hey! Thanks...if I keep it positive in my head, I figure my body will follow. I am usually a "glass is half empty" type of person but I thought that for this trial in my life it wasn't going to work unless I worked on my attitude. 8) Lands end has some pretty kewl stuff FINALLY. I didn't mention the men's clothing because they always offer mens in plus! Lol...most places will carry up to a 2 or 3x in mens's but since it's less acceptable for women to be heavier they almost never carry the same clothing in a plus size for us! But...don't get me started on that double standard!!! 8) I hope your days get easier...once classes are over there will be more time! I actually just went back to school too. I never finished my degree and always regretted it. Now is as good a time as ever! Don't worry about the birthday...8) they're only numbers. Your life is really measured in experiences and friendships!

Newman said...

I understand about the whole double standard thing. Let me tell you, I am fashion horrible. I have no real sense of taste in clothing. I have changed sizes so much in the last 7 years that either stuff is too big or nearly too small. I have very few things that actually fit well. It is becoming more difficult in my line of work to look good for meetings, business social engagements, etc. I have a lot of anxiety about this sort of thing. Plus, I have very little budget which is added annoyance. The workout clothes at lands end looked nice.....