January 13, 2007

Oh MAN!!!

Ok...I know I said I never post on the weekends...but man oh man...this is killing me! 8( Every weekend we either go out with friends or we all hang out together, and this weekend they came to us. We will either go out or order in depending on the day. Tonight we ordered in from one of my favorite places...our local diner. Now, usually I am not too bad...I will order an egg white omelette, used to be ham and cheese and home fries. I had been ordering egg white omelettes with spinache and mozzarella and whole wheat toast before my recent food plan. Sooooo getting to my point? Tonight, I ordered an egg white omelette with only spinache, added my 2 slices of soy cheese, and had no home fries, no toast. My fellow dinner guests ordered:

-A beef patty with melted cheese and sauteed onions with a side of onion rings.
-The hungry man's breakfast = scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon and canadian bacon with a side of two pancakes.
-A bacon cheese burger with home fries. (my husband...he also at my home fries)

And for dessert : 2 slices of cheesesake.

Needless to say I was trying to keep my head down during dinner and not salivate. I ate my meal and promptly left the table so as to type and not EAT SOMETHING ELSE.

I felt the need to share. I will happily be alone with just the hubby tomorrow...and more of our own home-cooked meals!!! This was a far harder test than the mother in laws birthday dinner...so I guess I passed with flying colors again!!

Damn...that burger smelled good!


8) Kris *drool*

3 comments:

Newman said...

What is the reasoning behind the soy cheese? Lactose? Good job on resisting the urge to take out (assault) your guests and grab their cheesecake and run (I bet we could make a song about this)...

Keep up the good work...and Smile, your husband loves you!!

Kristen said...

I myself am baffled as to the soy cheese...I looked at the 2% kraft that we were previously using...it has more saturated fat, but less carbs and sno sugar...there is more sodium too but I relaly don't use a lot of it. Oh well! I guess I will go get the regular no fat and be happier! lol...Yeah...my P does love me...he took his cheesecake in the other room to eat it...8)

Sara said...

You are so strong, I strive to have half the restraint you have!!