February 6, 2007

The Opie & Anthony Show

Ok...so my husband listens to O&A in the morning on the way to work, and today he drove me to work. Well, they were doing a segment on Obesity in America...and were also talking about how the modeling agencies are trying to ban anorexic models. Of course, since they started with the models, the whole discussion was only talking about obesity in WOMEN. I am SO sick of this. It's not as if there are no FAT MEN OUT THERE! The problem simply is that we are not allowed to be fat...and men are.

EX: RUBEN STUDDARD who excuse me...has to weigh like 400+ lbs!


So...they talked about how many obesity related deaths there are in the country and how WOMEN walk around saying "yeah well I'm still sexy even tho I'm fat...blah blah". I just looked it up on the American Obesity Society, and I hate to tell them, but in terms of obesity related deaths, it looks like MEN WIN.

They were also lumping together Obesity and Anorexia…which pissed me off. They were saying that there are ONLY 1000 anorexia-related deaths in the country in a year. ONLY? So it’s OK that ONLY 1000 people die from this disease that MANY more people suffer from? That’s ridiculous.

The main problem is UNREAL EXPECTATIONS. This graph I found online at www. Anred.com (Anorexia Nervosa and Related Eating Disorders) gives you an idea:

“Magazine pictures are electronically edited and airbrushed. Many entertainment celebrities are underweight, some anorexically so. How do we know what we should look like? It's hard. The table below compares average women in the U. S. with Barbie Doll and department store mannequins. It's not encouraging. (Health magazine, September 1997; and NEDIC, a Canadian eating disorders advocacy group)”

Average Women

Barbie

Store mannequin

Height

5' 4"

6' 0"

6' 0"

Weight

145 lbs.

101 lbs

Not available

Dress size

11 -14

4

6

Bust

36 - 37"

39"

34"

Waist

29 - 31"

19"

23"

Hips

40 - 42"

33"

34"

A LITTLE double standard to say the LEAST don’t we think?

Also, I am sick of people thinking that just because you are overweight you are unhealthy. I weigh 297lbs, go the the gym 3 days a week and workout almost every day at home. The only medication I am taking currently for a disease is Synthroid for Hypothyroidism, which is part of the cause of my obesity!!!

So…for all of you non-tolerant anti-fat woman, men out there…if I catch you calling ANY woman fat or torturing her in public for your own ego boost, I am going to use my 50lb curling arms to BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU!!!


Oh yeah, and good morning! 8)

-K

4 comments:

Sara said...

You go girl!!

Sara said...

update this badboy will ya - LMAO

Thanks for the bed last night :)

Sara said...

hellooooo time to update :)

Newman said...

After trouble with computers, a wrist injury, and a spot of pneumonia....I am back... so how are things going in your world???

Newman