December 14, 2010

Been awhile...

Ok...it's been awhile...lets get that out of the way. Now that I've done that:



I know for those of you who have already read this...there has been quite and outpouring of disgust. I am not surprised. But I am surprised that a magazine like Marie Claire would condone the last acceptable form of social biggotry.

It's no news that fat people are made fun of. To their faces, in broad daylight, on a regular basis. Ask any one of your overweight friends and I'm sure they have battle scars. But for a nationally recognized magazine to slap I'm sure at least HALF of it's readership in the face...I mean...are they insane??? Not to mention...HOW RUDE.

Maura...whilst many of us may not be as svelte as yourself, with unending private personal trainers at our disposal, I can honestly say, we are better people. How DARE you condone this type of behavior and how dare you do it in such a public forum. And how dare you call yourself a woman. It was gratuitous, self righteous and made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Perhaps next time...a thought before you "speak"? >8(

No comments: