March 19, 2007

Frustration

Well...I was going strong there for awhile...and lately I have fallen off the wagon a bit. Since my vacation, my eating habits have been less then stellar. I guess what I can't get over is the fact that I used to be able to eat a LOT more when I was training in the past 2 years with a different trainer...and now I am on this restricted low carb diet and I am completely frustrated!!! I eat less than 80g of carbs a day...low carb by any description...and I am doing 2 weight training days a week and one spin day. On Mondays and Fridays I usually do my weight training and on Wednesdays my private spin class with my trainer. I used to do circuits with my last trainer and I was burning about 600 calories in an hour...now I move much slower with my current trainer and I am lucky if I burn 400 calories in an hour weight training...according to my Polar anyway...

I guess my problem is I feel like I am running in circles...and now...she wants to cut MORE carbs! I am really not into low carb...it's not healthy for long periods of time and have been on the current 75g a day since January. The proposed plan is to cut out my grits in the mornings, and my red graps (of which i only get 10 a day) and also my yogurts...(light & fit only 6g of sugar)....I am going to be miserable!!!

I feel like I could be working a little harder in the gym instead of going to my food again...I was losing a steady 2 lbs before this drastic food plan and I was working a little harder in the gym too...

Oh well...I did purchase my own spin bike on ebay so I can do some morning cardio...I am hopefull that that will help!

Thanks for listening!!! lol

8) kris

2 comments:

Sara said...

That does sound frustrating! Did you ever figure out the thyroid levels - was is related to the exercise like we suspected?

All I can say is try what the trainer says for a little while & see where it takes you, you can always switch back to the current plan if you don't see results that you like, but that's just my 2 pence (not cents - LOL)

Sara said...

how's it going now??